Maternal and Child Health
Health Information Systems / Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
Canada’s International Development Research Centre’s (IDRC) is pleased to announce two calls for proposals on Health Information Systems (HIS) and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) in the Middle East and North Africa and West Africa. The calls for implementation research will contribute to the objectives of IDRC’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) program, which supports innovative and solution-oriented research to improve the quality, accessibility and accountability of health services to women, children, and adolescents, especially the most vulnerable.
The objectives of the calls for implementation research proposals are to:
- Generate and promote application of an evidence base through support to a cohort of implementation research projects focusing on either HIS or ASRH in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and West Africa regions.
- Ensure adoption of a gender and rights approach, and clear consideration of equity dimensions and economic value propositions for each implementation research project.
- Strengthen the research and leadership capacities of research project team members, particularly of youth and women, to conduct research and use effective Knowledge Translation (KT) strategies to influence policies and practices.
- Support ongoing exchange and engagement with pertinent stakeholders in country and regional contexts to strengthen an enabling environment for policy discourse, development and implementation.
There are two separate calls for proposals – one for MENA, and another for West Africa. Each of these regional calls includes two thematic areas. Applicants are expected to choose one of the following thematic areas:
(1) HIS: Strengthening the culture of collecting, analysing and using reliable health information to improve the equitable coverage and responsiveness of health systems.
(2) ASRH: Improving the state of knowledge about the barriers and drivers for adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), with clear pathways to address their SRHR needs for a long lasting impact.
* The call for proposals is open from 10 April 2017 to 23 May 2017, 23:59 (UTC).
Questions? Please refer to the call document for MENA or the call document for West Africa and FAQ section available on our website.
- Carefully read the information and eligibility criteria provided on the Call for applications Web page before beginning the application process. To apply, you need to sign up online (see instructions below).
- Before the deadline, complete the eligibility and application forms online.
- You may submit your application in English or French only (Canada’s two official languages).
- Late and/or incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Make sure to click on the "Sign-Up" button at the top right of this page.
- Once you complete the signup process, you'll get an email to confirm your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case! Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
Forgot your password? Change it by clicking on "Trouble signing in?”
If you have any technical questions about how to use the online site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.